Inspiring Land, Money and Media Projects
In my last post about Transition Towns I mentioned that Gloria and I decided to try and write a post a day throughout May about inspiring people and projects. She’s done a pretty good job so far, having covered Maya Angelou, Ruth Cox, Muhammad Yunus, Charles Drew, Jane Goodall, and Mark Johnson.
I’ve not managed to keep the one post a day pace at all, so to make up for it I’m going to link to all my favourite land, money and media project on this page… (but its now gone 3am so I’m hitting the sack and will actually finish this page at a later date! Typical!)
Some of my favourite land projects:
- Community Land Trust website from Community Finance Solutions
- Land for People – a network of welsh Community Land Trust who have also developed model rules for CLTs.
- The Village – a very inspiring Ecovillage project in Ireland.
- Lammas – an equally inspiring Ecovillage project in Pembrokeshire, Wales.
- Institute for Community Economics – a national US community development organization promoting economic justice through community land trusts (CLTs) and community investment.
- The Land is Ours – campaigns peacefully for access to the land, its resources, and the decision-making processes affecting them, for everyone, irrespective of race, gender or age.
- Art for Land’s sake – Land Roots cooperative land network’s project to raise funds for land by selling art and music.
- See my land links for more inspiration.
I’ve covered most of my favourite money links over at Money as Debt, but repeat a selection of them here too…
- The Totnes Pound
- Toronto Dollar
- Salt Spring Dollars
- Ithaca Hours
- WIR Bank – Economic Circle Co-operative that has been running in Switzerland since 1934
- Damanhur‘s Credito
- Findhorn‘s Eko
- Time Banks UK
- LETS Link UK
- Interra Project
- Lots more good stuff is listed in the Money as Debt post, also check out my money links.
- Also check out the inspirational article A Tale of Two Ecovillages by Jonathan Dawson, that looks at Damanhur‘s Credito currency and Findhorn‘s Eko
It is time for everyone to stop watching TV, stop reading the paper and Be The Media!
- Indymedia (UK) – the original open publishing site.
- Undercurrents – an inspirational award winning media charity based in Swansea. I reckon their forthcoming Ecovillage Pioneers DVD is gonna be essential viewing and their Vision on TV project looks set to rock the world
- Make Internet TV – a fantastic site that has step-by-step instructions for shooting, editing, and publishing online videos that can be watched and subscribed to by millions of people. Brought to you by the wonderful people at The Participatory Culture Foundation who also make the excellent Democracy Player
- Project Censored – all the important news that didn’t quite make the news.
- Z Communications – best known for Znet “a community of people committed to social change”.
- Popping out to lunch now, will have to finish this post later this afternoon…