Links for August 26th to August 27th
These are my links for August 26th to August 27th:
- Landlords welcome ‘positive squatting’ | Society | The Guardian – Positive occupation. Squatters often evoke a negative image, but more and more empty properties are being taken over and brought back into use for the community – and some landlords are welcoming them. Diane Taylor reports
- desk space – Rent your own desk space in a cool, bright top ﬂoor re–furbished leather factory in zone 1. The open plan space occupies the entire top ﬂoor of a 3 storey ex–warehouse. It has original features, wooden beams and amazing natural light afforded by windows, which run the length of the space.
- WeEarth – uniting the worlds of activism and art – WeEarth is a network of resources enabling us to explore our connectedness with each other and with our changing world. * We aim to inspire our community to connect, learn, and grow. * We encourage socially and environmentally responsible living. We believe that a new kind of consciousness is taking root – a consciousness that we are all connected and that no matter where we come from on the planet, the things that connect us eclipse the things that divide us. We believe that, together, we are all becoming WeEarth. It’s not so much a specific philosophy as it is a general orientation toward the world that centers around humanity and the way we interact with our environment. This does not mean that we have to see things the same way. In fact, it is our expectation that over time an infinitely wide variety of voices will find their home here. The operative word here is ‘connected.’ Let’s do this together.
- Greenvoice.com – Our Planet, Your Campaign – Greenvoice is an internet company that raises money and awareness for environmental campaigns on a global basis. Greenvoice will redefine campaigning and our connection with the environment – making activists out of everyone. Greenvoice enables a growing online community of people to voice their concerns and be better informed through its social networking.
Greenvoice provides a platform to share ideas, concerns, events, news and research. Greenvoice works with grassroots organisations that want to resolve specific issues that need to be addressed.
Greenvoice supports campaigns on climate change, marine, forests, species, fresh water, natural resources, loss of biodiversity, pollution, waste and environmental justice. Greenvoice will measure the impact of activities and feedback the results. Greenvoice will work ethically and transparently and respect individual's opinions.
- Edenbee – Global Swarming Join our vibrant community, working to tackle climate change by * Measuring your carbon footprint * Suggesting ways to reduce it * Showing the difference you make Use our hive of hot ideas to help keep our planet a cool place to live!
- Gaia Community — An Online Gathering of Environmentally and Spiritually Conscious People – We're a little different than most social networks. We're here for a purpose—to inspire and empower you to be the change you want to see in the world. We're a community of individuals committed to supporting each other in being our highest selves. We aspire to live at our greatest potential, seeing the best in others and encouraging them to do the same. We're here to discover our purpose and to contribute our gifts to the planet. We're here to live authentically. In short, we're here to change the world. Even though we think it's already a pretty amazing place to be. C'mon in.
- Resist – This is the social network behind the Gael Garcia Bernal documentary Resist, to be released in 2009.
It's a place to connect with other people, to collaborate and share skills and inspirations. A place to think together. A place for ideas to have global resonance
- WiserEarth: Community Tools for Creating a Just and Sustainable World – WiserEarth . . .
serves the people who are transforming the world. It is a community directory and networking forum that maps and connects non-governmental organizations (NGOs), businesses, governments, and individuals addressing the central issues of our day: climate change, poverty, the environment, peace, water, hunger, social justice, conservation, human rights and more. Content is created and edited by people like you. Read more.
- Change.org – Users can create virtual organizations around social issues, called "Changes," to share ideas and organize collective action.