These are my links for August 27th to September 5th:
- Open-Mesh Wireless Network | Affordable Wireless Solution | Open-Source / Ad Free – Now it is fast, easy and inexpensive to share an internet connection with neighbors in your apartment complex or extend wireless coverage throughout your home. Just plug one of these tiny (about the size of a pack of cards) routers into an existing internet connection and place additional units nearby to extend your internet range.
- WebHome < Main < Reprap – Look at your computer setup and imagine that you hooked up a 3D printer. Instead of printing on bits of paper this 3D printer makes real, robust, mechanical parts. To give you an idea of how robust, think Lego bricks and you're in the right area. You could make lots of useful stuff, but interestingly you could also make most of the parts to make another 3D printer. That would be a machine that could copy itself.
- The Multimachine | OpenSourceMachine.org – The MultiMachine, a humanitarian, open source machine tool project for developing countries Benefits The MultiMachine all-purpose machine tool that can be built by a semi-skilled mechanic with just common hand tools. For machine construction, electricity can be replaced with "elbow grease" and the necessary material can come from discarded vehicle parts. What can the MultiMachine be used for in developing countries?
- riseup.net – This site is powered by Crabgrass, a software libre web application designed for group and network organizing, and tailored to the needs of the global justice movement. The long term goal is to provide the technical tools to facilitate active, confederal, and directly democratic social change networks. more »
- World Film Collective – Welcome to World Film Collective – World Film Collective invites professionals in the film industry to teach workshops to young people in marginalised and deprived areas of the world. Using mobile phones and free editing software, our workshops transfer sustainable skills which give a voice to some of the most excluded young people in the world.