Links for September 29th to September 30th
These are my links for September 29th to September 30th:
- Community Food Security Coalition – Programs – What does this 123-page publication include? * Overview of potential benefits and outcomes of an assessment * Tips for planning and organizing an assessment * Guidance on research methods and strategies * Methods for promoting community participation * Ideas for translating assessment findings into action * Case studies of nine Community Food Assessments
- South Australia Community Garden Kit – A guide to setting up and running a Community Garden
- starting a community garden-make a start – Planning and starting your community garden by Russ Grayson + Fiona Campbell
- littleBits – littleBits is an opensource library of discrete electronic components pre-assembled in tiny circuit boards. Just as Legos allow you to create complex structures with very little engineering knowledge, littleBits are simple, intuitive, space-sensitive blocks that make prototyping with sophisticated electronics a matter of snapping small magnets together. With a growing number of available modules, littleBits aims to move electronics from late stages of the design process to its earliest ones, and from the hands of experts, to those of artists, makers and designers.
- Main Page – RAWorkbook – Assessing and Managing Resilience in Social-Ecological Systems: A Practitioner's Workbook
The resilience workbook wiki is a collaborative project involving researchers and practitioners engaged in natural resource management who seek a holistic approach to managing social-ecological systems for long-term sustainbility. The workbook wiki is aimed at those who have experience applying resilience concepts to social-ecological systems and who want to share their knowledge by contributing to the on-going development of the resilience assessment guide.
- Resilience Alliance – The RA is a multidisciplinary research group that explores the dynamics of complex adaptive systems. The Resilience Alliance is a research organization comprised of scientists and practitioners from many disciplines who collaborate to explore the dynamics of social-ecological systems. The body of knowledge developed by the RA, encompasses key concepts of resilience, adaptability and transformability and provides a foundation for sustainable development policy and practice.