Links for November 20th to November 24th
These are my links for November 20th to November 24th:
- The Mad Housers – an Atlanta-based nonprofit group engaged in direct action to shelter the homeless – MAD HOUSERS Inc. is an Atlanta-based non-profit corporation engaged in charitable work, research and education. Our charter outlines our goals and purposes:
* To provide shelter for homeless individuals and families regardless of race, creed, national origin, gender, religion, or age.
* To develop low income housing for people in need of housing.
* To help people develop the skills and knowledge for constructing and rehabilitating housing and shelter.
* To increase the quantity and to improve the quality of housing in the world.
* To act, if necessary as an advocate for the homeless, to ensure that their moral and civil rights are protected.
The Mad Housers believe that if a person has a secure space from which to operate, they are much more capable of finding the resources to help themselves.
- Complementary currencies | drupal.org – Currencies like dollars and Euros are not the only way to recognise and track work done and contributions to the social good. Local, community currencies such as LETS and timebanks facilitate trading in communities all over the world. Such currencies
* are resilient against recesssion and collapse
* do not favour the rich by charging interest
* belong to communities, not to banks
* prefer local goods and services over the globalised economy
* are used for economic regeneration and international development
- ‘I will create a standing order of 5 pounds per month to support an organisation that fosters alternatives to the current profit-driven economic system’ – PledgeBank – I will create a standing order of 5 pounds per month to support an organisation that fosters alternatives to the current profit-driven economic system but only if 1,000 other people will do the same.
- Welcome – SoundCloud – SoundCloud lets you move music fast & easy. The platform takes the daily hassle out of receiving, sending & distributing music for artists, record labels & other music professionals.
- optimaes – Open Project to Investigate Money and Economic Systems – Open Project to Investigate Money and Economic Systems