These are my links for March 8th to March 9th:
- Gizmo5 – Make free internet calls from your mobile phone and computer – Products – OpenSky is a free service provided by Gizmo5 which allows any mobile phone, web browser or IP aware phone network (SIP, asterisk, etc) to communicate with Skype users. OpenSky supports sending text messages and voice calls.
- eyeOS – Cloud Computing Operating System | Web Desktop – Web OS – Web Office – your files and applications everywhere – What is eyeOS? eyeOS is the Cloud Computing Operating System. Work online -personally or collaboratively- with your files, office, calendar, contacts and much more. Your data is safe and always available –eyeOS is Free Software! Why is eyeOS Free Software? The idea of eyeOS is to create a free, open source (AGPLv3) product easy to install on a web server so you will have your own cloud system under your control. You can also participate in a great community of users and developers, able to create your own apps. Welcome to the eyeOS project.
- Portal:Sanitation – Akvopedia – This portal describes sanitation technologies which can be applied from the household level to the village level. A sanitation system does not consist of a single technology described below. A complete sanitation system consists of a chain of technologies, each taking care of a specific function, such as the toilet, the transportation, and treatment. Each technology below is dedicated to one particular function in this chain. An example is given at the end of this page.
- Mendo Credits – P2P Foundation – “Mendo Credits are backed by a tangible asset. In other words, Mendo Credits are a “reserve currency” as opposed to a “fiat currency” like Federal Reserve dollars. Many people are familiar with money backed by gold, which was once the case with U.S. dollars, but Mendo Credits are backed by reserves of stored food. Our reserve currency has a number of desirable properties at this time in history. The asset value of Mendo Credits remains stable over a significant time period because we lock in an exchange rate for specific quantities of food for one year from the date of issue. Whereas gold and silver are inedible, Mendo Credits can be redeemed for the sustenance of life. When you hold a Mendo Credit note, you know it represents the quantity of food printed on its face and, if you want or need to, you can actually get that food.
- penrhos home page permaculture design and sustainable development – This site provides information on our permaculture holding at Tir Penrhos Isaf. We have been working at Penrhos (or Benthros, as it is known locally) since 1986 and been living here since February 1992 when we gained temporary planning permission from the Snowdonia National Park. Over that time we have continued to develop our permaculture design for the holding through the practical application of the ethics and principles of permaculture.