These are my links for June 16th to July 4th:
- iCommons.org – Free Culture House – The idea is simple and its sustainability is at its core. Buy a property (or rent something initially) that will serve as a space for members to meet and eat (a kickass wifi-enabled coffee shop), learn (a training room that doubles up as movie house), broadcast (a podcast studio) and work (shared office space and board room). Sleep rooms would also potentially be available for short-term stays by commuters who work between Johannesburg and Cape Town, for example.
- Permablitz.net – Permablitz Defined – Permablitz: An informal gathering involving a day on which a group of at least two people come together to achieve the following:
* create or add to edible gardens where someone lives
* share skills related to permaculture and sustainable living
* build community networks
* have fun
For more background on Permablitz see Asha Bee's article originally published on Energy Bulletin and Katherine Kizilos' article for Melbourne's The Age newspaper . To learn more about permaculture see permaculture as defined in wikipedia.
- Mycroft Project: Search Engine Plugins – Firefox & IE7 – what is says on the tin
- VideoPress — Quick and easy HD video sharing from WordPress – Wow. Cool. A plugin for wordpress that lets you upload and server video from their servers, as well as does all the encoding and create nice feeds.
- Catalyst Campaigns – Catalyst Campaigns is a consultancy supporting social and environmental justice organisations to maximise their effectiveness in achieving positive change.